Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Interesting day...

So I had to take the two little girls to the vet today. Unity needed to have her teeth cleaned, and her skin issue looked. Our poor little girl has been having teeth problems since we got her thanks to the pupy mill she came from. When she was rescued they had to pull 10 teeth, a few years ago she has 6 more pulled. But - Gypsy needed to have her haircut. So I left them there and headed home to do homework.

Chewy spent the day checking the rooms and checking outside to see where the girls had gone. He wasone lonely puppy! Anyway, so I got my homework done. Then I started working on these altered canvases for the dogs. I am making one for each puppy we have had in our lives. So I have five to make.

Well after painting, the vets office called - the girls were ready to be picked. Unity lost 6 more teeth - so she only has 4 left. She is now on soft food, but she is just happy to be home. She also had some skin biopsy patches taken to figure out what is up with her skin issue, so she has a few stitches and is sore all over. So she is hurting tonight, but when we walk in the room she tries not to let on that she is hurting. She is so precious to us, and I am praying that she feels a little better by the morning.

Okay - yes I also had to pick up Gypsy, and she gave me the cold shoulder for awhile this afternoon. She struck the pom. attitude of "you left me there, and they cut my hair!" She got over it as soon as the potato chips came out.

And Chewy - he is so happy they are back! Unity has warned him that she doesn't want to play, but Gypsy showed her wild side to play with him. Then tonight we were outside and this beautiful dragonfly landed on the patio. We sat there marveling over God's amazing creation, and then Chewy came along and ate it! Yep - that's Chewy.

So both girls are settled in for the night, Chewy is still checking for misplaced food or treats, and I need a reality check! LOL!!

No comments: