Sunday, March 19, 2006

Some decisions are hard...



We are faced with the choice of what to do with our two dearest friends. We have had them both since we got married, but now they are both tired. We have struggled with losing one, because we know the other probably won't be to far behind. They were our first babies! They loved to run and play - they were always so lively and funny! We have watched them over the last couple of years slow down, and having a hard time standing up or going up the stairs. Then we were faced with some hard times the last couple of weeks. We have had to help them stand up so they could go outside. And these two beautiful friends are hurting. No matter how painful this is for me, it is the best decision for them. Since they joined our family at the same time, we are going to let them go together. The boys are very sad about this, but they understand. This is not how we want the boys to remember these dogs, the two that they have grown up knowing were always there, this way. Good-bye my babies! You are going to be greatly missed. Thank you for 13 amazing years of unconditional love, laughs, and tons of kisses. I can't imagine life without you, but I know I will get to play with you again someday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Trish, I'm so sorry :( This must have been such a difficult decision. Hugs to you and your family.

Unknown said...

Oh Trish, I am so sorry. :( I know how difficult this must be for you and your family. Hugs to you all.