Friday, April 14, 2006

Meet Me at the Cross


John 3:16-17 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have ever lasting life. For God sent the Son into the world;, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him."

I sat with my sons last night eating dinner thinking about Jesus and his last supper. The breaking of the bread representing his broken body. The drinking of the wine representing the shedding of his blood. All of this done for us. For you and me. How could God have given up so much for us? What did we ever do to please him? We are all sinners. Yet for some amazing reason God still loves us. He laughs at us, cries with us, comforts us, pushes us, guides us and carries us. He did the only thing he could for us - he gave us his son, Jesus Christ. And Jesus made the biggest sacrifice of all - he gave his life for us.

I thought back to the day two years ago when we hiked to the top of Prospect mountain and sat at the foot of the cross looking out over the world God gave us. He has given us so much. That was a powerful, over-whelming day. When I second guess my own worthiness - I think back to that day. Staring up at the cross sensing that warmth of God's love. He reminds me I am his child. I just have to meet him at the cross.

My thoughts for today will be with my savior. I shall contemplate today the price that he paid for me and remember how much it cost for my sin.

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me."

No comments: